Schiacciata Fiorentina gluten-free
This is the Schiacciata Fiorentina, a typical Tuscan cake with a very delicate orange scent. In this version the "00" flour has been replaced with gluten-free flours. It's quick and easy to do it, using a spoon instead of the scale and here are the ingredients:
- 7 tablespoons of rice flour + 3 tablespoons of potato starch + 2 tablespoons of almond flour
- 4 tablespoons of organic Vaianino extra virgin olive oil
- 7 tablespoons of milk or almond drink, for those allergic to lactose
- the grated zest of an organic orange and its juice
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 7 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- icing sugar for the garnish.
- Low baking tray with a diameter of 26-28 cm.
Beat the eggs with the sugar well with an electric mixer. Then add the oil, the milk, and after mixing everything, add the grated orange zest and the orange juice. Mix the flours with the yeast and incorporate them into the dough. Mix everything well. Cover the baking tray with parchment paper and pour the fluid mixture. Bake in the convection oven, previously heated, at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. (Adjust the temperature to your home oven). When cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing the cake from the baking tray. Sprinkle with icing sugar and our fluffy cake is ready. Good tasting